December 2nd, 2020
(Early Usability Testing in 180 minutes
Prototype Usability Testing Tutorial
Usability Testing For No-Coders
Tasks and why and when
Skipper-Ola’s Usability Testing Tasks
- Calls Martin G.
- Listens up!
- Takes notes
- Ships his prototype in SMS link
- Says “Tell me what you are doing”
- Says “Thank you”
- Makes MartinG SketchNotes from notes, Right now for 90 minutes
8. is the most important to spend time on. I spent 90 minutes on 8 and 90 minutes on the other seven.
The point of this kind of usability testing is clarity. To make the 1-Job-Prototype clear for the one tester I am testing on, Martin G. So that Martin G. can go in, do the 1 job he is supposed to do without becoming distracted. And that is hard. It is suuuper hard to make a prototype that is easy-to-use. (18:12)
How do we do it?
Let’s go to 1. Prepares.
Skipper-Ola’s Preparation Tasks For Usability Testing
- Sends warning to Martin G.
- Finds two test dates.
- Invites Martin G.
- Writes a short script.
- Tests 1-Job-Prototype on his own iPhone. (17:46)
- Reminds Martin G.
About Tests 1-Job-Prototype on his own iPhone
The 1-Job-Prototype that I am going