November 1st, 2012
Founder Benedicte Raae of Lilly Apps started out with this hypothesis:
“When a diaper crisis occurs while dad is out with the stroller, he will whip out his LillyMap app and find the nearest cafe with a diaper changing room.”
First step is to see if the users are able to add places to the app.
To test the first step of the hypothesis, this is what she did:
- Code a Minimal Viable Product version of the iPhone LillyMap app.
- Ask her testers to put in cafés and other baby friendly places.
- Conclusion: Users in Bergen, Molde and Østfold are more likely to add places to the Map app
- The next step is maybe to open an area for live usage while the users are out with their stroller. Wait and see.
Questions for you:
- Would you like to participate in this experiment?
- How do you find baby friendly places?
- How can Benedicte help dads and moms to remember to use the LillyMap app when a diaper crisis occurs?
I would love to hear your thoughts in the comments below.