September 25th, 2012
“What’s Stopping You: Why Smart People Don’t Always Reach Their Potential and How You Can” Click above to buy the book.
Robert Kelsey has some really good tips on networking for people with high fear of failure. Here they are:
- Be warm. Your opening line can be about anything as long as it delivered warmly and put people at their ease.
- Reveal yourself. Offer something of yourself or all the listening will feel like interrogating.
- Don´t mix sex and networking.
- Don´t criticize people behind their backs. Criticisms are like homing pigeons.
- Don´t start arguments. Even if angry.
- Don´t look for a sale, a job or a pay off.
Listen to us interviewing Robert Kelsey on the Bookcasting Podcast!
Check out Robert´s last presentation slides at slideshare: Overcoming Insecurities
Read more about Robert on his blog:
Or on the twitters: @RobertKelseyWSY