August 5th, 2012
I have two questions for you. What do you really love doing? What was your first step towards getting well paid for doing the thing you love? Write your answer to one or both in the comment field. I will answer now:
What do I really love doing?
- Help good people become good salespeople.
- Help god people get good customers.
I am a sales training buddy. Sales is like working out. It feels good after. Sometimes it feels good while you sell, but some activities are painful. The painful sales activities are easier to do when someone you know is watching you to make sure you do them. I help people do less of the comfortable activities and more painful activities leading to good customers. This is not rocket science.
Sometimes when I lift heavy weights my training buddy helps me with the three last lifts. This is called “spotting”. I would not be able to do those three last lifts without help. I do this to, I take part in the sales activities and help people get a little closer to getting some new good customers.
What was my first step towards getting well paid for doing the thing I love?
I drank coffee with one of my clients at Vespa coffe bar. We talked about how we should build his sales training program. At the end of our chat I told him how I would need to get paid by the hour. My price is 850 plus tax (MVA).
Links about Screw Work Let´s Play:
- Andreas Dietzel joined us on the Bookcasting Podcast to talk about Screw Work Let´s Play.
- Read Screw Work Let´s Play by John Williams. Get the first chapter free.
- Like our facebook page Bookcasting.
- Read this blogpost about how Benedicte put the book to use.
- Or you can read about how to get started Playing in my blogpost “The Benefits of Being in Play”.
Soundbites from Screw Work Let´s Play:
- My Escape from the world of jobs. Ola Vea reading from Screw Work Let´s Play, by John Williams.
- How to Play for Profit, Ola Vea reading from Screw Work Let´s Play, by John Williams.
Looking forward to hearing your answers to the two questions :-D