January 15th, 2011
If you´re not sure where you fall on the introvert-extrovert spectrum, you can assess yourself here. Answer each question “true” or “false,” choosing the answer that applies to you more often than not.*
- _____ I prefer one-on-one conversations to group activities.
- _____ I often prefer to express myself in writing.
- _____ I enjoy solitude.
- _____ I seem to care less than my peers about wealth, fame and status.
- _____ I dislike small talk, but I enjoy talking in depth about topics that matter to me.
- _____ People tell me that I´m a good listener.
- _____ I´m not a big risk-taker.
- _____ I enjoy work that allows me to “dive in” with few interruptions.
- _____ I like to celebrate birthdays on a small scale, with only one or two close friends or family members.
- _____ People describe me as “soft-spoken” or “mellow.”
- _____ I prefer not to show or discuss my work with others until it´s finished.
- _____ I dislike conflict.
- _____ I do my best work on my own.
- _____ I tend to think before I speak.
- _____ I feel drained after being out and about, even if I´ve enjoyed myself.
- _____ I often let calls go through to voice mail.
- _____ If I had to choose, I´d prefer a weekemd with absolutely nothing to do to one with too many things scheduled.
- _____ I don´t enjoy multitasking.
- _____ I can concentrate easily.
- _____ In classrom situations, I prefer lectures to seminars.
* The explanation of the quiz may be listened to here: Are you introvert or extrovert? How to interpret your answers? Listen to Ola Vea read from “Quiet” page 14.
Read Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can’t Stop Talking as a paperback. A must read book for you, if you are less than extrovert. By Susan Cain. Are you introvert or extrovert? Listen to Ola Vea read from “Quiet” page 10 about the differences between introversion and extroversion. More about Quiet in this blogpost.
January 7th, 2011
Hands on book by John Jantsch about sharing your knowledge in a systematic way. Educate your customers, increase your own value. Make referrals a condition for doing business with a client.
I listened to it while skiing nearby Hallingskarvet this weekend. Read and educate yourself!
January 5th, 2011
The translation of this blogpost will come in 2013.
Sorry for the inconvenience